Re: [Fsuk-manchester] FOSDEM 09 Controversy

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] FOSDEM 09 Controversy
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 13:02:47 +0000

John Southern <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 January 2009 11:59:40 address@hidden wrote:
> > On the one hand it's very easy to see the anti-novell point of view, if a
> > company was actively trying to stem the spread of free software, letting
> > them give you money could have negative consequences... [...]
>
> Is anyone else going to Fosdem?

No, because it's usually organised so late it's pretty expensive to
book accommodation and travel, there aren't enough potential customers
there, the community aspects weren't that compelling when I last went,
those politics stink and I don't need any more corporate-branded cheap
tat that needs help to figure out.  The only long-term useful item in
http://www.news.software.coop/what-was-in-my-nutsack-from-lug-radio-live/11/
came from UKUUG.

Regards,
--