Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Free for All

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Free for All
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:50:19 +0000

2009/1/8 Michael Dorrington <address@hidden>:
> There's just been an In Business programme on Radio 4 called Free For All.
> The programme was a mixture of discussion about zero-cost and freedom but I
> still think it will be of interest to people on this list.

Thanks for pointing the programme out. I read the original article on
the BBC News site and wasn't too impressed (it's disappeared now
sadly). The article seemed to concentrate solely on the economics of a
free (as in cost) and so missed out on a lot of other advantages, but
the second half of the Radio 4 broadcast was dedicated to creative
commons (also featuring free software) and covered the subject very
well. Defininately worth a listen.