Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Using Google Calendar

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Using Google Calendar
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 11:43:23 +0000

Lucy <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm very interested to hear people's opinions on this. Is it enough
> that the data is free or should all the software be free as well? As
> the choice of software won't directly affect people, does it even
> matter?
[...]
> p.s For further reading there's lots of thought and debate on this
> sort of thing at http://autonomo.us

I think that the software should be free as well.  www.events.coop is
using drupal, for example, from which you can then take the events as
RSS and put them in the basic WordPress RSS widget and so on.

I still think autonomo.us is ironic - its main actors seem to be from
the usual few non-autonomous hierarchical groups and it requires
registration with the central site to comment or do much on it.  It's
more "enforce cooperation"-style nonsense funded by FSF.  Disappointing.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)