Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Using Google Calendar

From: David Greaves
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Using Google Calendar
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:18:28 +0000

Matthew Larsen wrote:
> I don't see why not; the data feed is free, the specs are available.
>
> I think it would be a fantastic idea to have an FSUK calendar I can sync
> up to. iCal works with Thunderbird, Office 2007 and Google Calendar if
> I'm not mistaken.
>
> Go for it :) If there is really that much of a problem of a free viewer,
> heck I'll have a go at writing one.

There are quite a few javascript and php calendar apps - what would be great is
 simple javascript iCal 'list' viewer but I didn't find one of them :(

http://www.javascript-examples.com/javascript-calendars/
http://keith-wood.name/icalendar.html

Taking a big solution and cutting it down and then using any iCal publishing
service to provide a dynamic list of events on a 'community' page would be great
for a lot of small groups.

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."