Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Using Google Calendar

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Using Google Calendar
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:17:33 +0000

2008/11/26 Matthew Larsen <address@hidden>:
> I don't see why not; the data feed is free, the specs are available.
>
> I think it would be a fantastic idea to have an FSUK calendar I can sync up
> to. iCal works with Thunderbird, Office 2007 and Google Calendar if I'm not
> mistaken.
>
> Go for it :) If there is really that much of a problem of a free viewer,
> heck I'll have a go at writing one.

I think you misunderstand slightly. The original question was about
the backend application used to store the dates, and whether it should
be free. I think we've established that there are several free
wordpress plugins that will do the job nicely without having to resort
to non-free software. It's interesting to see what people think about
the issue though.

I'm glad you like the idea of a calendar generally and if it helps
keep people up to date with the activities of MFS then that's a good
thing.