Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Using Google Calendar

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Using Google Calendar
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:59:10 +0000

Lucy wrote:
On 25/11/2008, Matt Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
Yep, and there's also roundcube [1], albeit under the GPL rather than
 >> AGPL. Neither solve the problem of having a hassle free, feature full
 >> email client with lots of space for no money.

Why does it have to be no money? Would you pay 5 pounds a month for a
 free email setup?

Can you recommend something?

Matt will probably recommend other things but nevertheless:

Require own domain: (either purchase or transfer)

http://www.dreamcreators.co.uk/ # address@hidden/month
address@hidden/month etc. however unfortunately the owner[1] still uses non-free cpanel depite me trying to get him to offer a free alternative like: http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc.html

On the other hand, I can offer email,shell and web hosting with 3GB of space and a reasonable amount of bandwidth @ £4.50/month or different packages on negotiation. The machine the account would be on is a bytemark VPS running a completely free copy of Debian GNU/Linux with plenty of resources to handle the load. :)
I can setup the webmail, if this is required, free of charge.

I can also resell bags and bags of bandwidth from mediatemple but I doubt anyone needs a "high bandwidth" email account! ;)

Well, anyway, those are my recommendations, none of them off :)

Of course, none of these DiY things I have just suggested are anything as like as neat as what Ben will probably be offering!

Tim

[1] it's a small world, Ste!

--
www.tdobson.net