Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Using Google Calendar

From: Ben Webb
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Using Google Calendar
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:45:35 +0000

"...Ben Webb[2] was interviewed[3] on the Freedom Socks Podcast[4]"
Yup, I got interviewed on my own podcast xD.

2008/11/25 Lucy <address@hidden>:
> Yep, and there's also roundcube [1], albeit under the GPL rather than
> AGPL. Neither solve the problem of having a hassle free, feature full
> email client with lots of space for no money.

Roundcube lacks a lot of nice gmail stuff, like conversation view.
AGPLMail is, afaik, the only thing close to a complete GMail clone.
It's getting quite functional, but it still lacks some features. The
hardest thing is using your new email adress for everything. I plan to
make the transition properly myself some time soon.

> If Ben does manage to set up a company hosting AGPLMail I would
> consider it, but I suspect that's a long way off :/

I'm considering getting it started now. But it may be a while before
any of the services are stable enough for everyday use. The biggest
thing I need to get started is a good name. See here for my thoughts
so far - http://freedomdreams.co.uk/wiki/Freedom_Apps - I'd love
suggestions if anyone has any.

--
Ben Webb - http://www.freedomdreams.co.uk/blog