Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Using Google Calendar

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Using Google Calendar
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 14:41:21 +0000

2008/11/25 Tim Dobson <address@hidden>:
> Lucy wrote:
>>
>> It was suggested that we use Google Calendar for this. As an example
>> see http://www.substance.coop/calendar. I'm against this because it's
>> non-free software, even though the data is in a free format (and even
>> though I use gmail :/ ).
>
> There is always AGPLMail[1], its developer Ben Webb[2] was interviewed[3] on
> the Freedom Socks Podcast[4] about it and mentioned about setting up a
> company selling freely licenced web services or something... So while I
> don't think anything exists yet, a free alternative to Google calendar may
> be in the works at some point I think..
>  </shameless plug>

Yep, and there's also roundcube [1], albeit under the GPL rather than
AGPL. Neither solve the problem of having a hassle free, feature full
email client with lots of space for no money.

If Ben does manage to set up a company hosting AGPLMail I would
consider it, but I suspect that's a long way off :/

[1] http://roundcube.net