[Fsuk-manchester] Nominations for treasurer

From: Lucy
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Nominations for treasurer
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 20:43:54 +0000

As some of you will know, we have decided to set up a bank account for
Manchester Free Software. The one we have chosen is the Co-operative
community direct plus account. As a result the position of treasurer
has been created.

The treasurer will handle the finances for the group as well as
dealing directly with the bank. Due to the restrictions imposed by the
Co-operative bank, the treasurer must be at least 18 years of age and
be willing to undergo a credit check.

Therefore, I would like to start the election proceedings for the
position of treasurer.

Nominations are now open. People may nominate for themselves or
others, although the nominee must meet the conditions above.
Nominations should be sent to address@hidden and
address@hidden

The nomination period will last two weeks, followed by a short period
to confirm whether those nominated will be standing.

Nominations must be submitted before Monday 1st December.
Candidates will be announced on or by Thursday 4th December.

Voting will open on Friday 5th December and will last two weeks, until
Friday 19th December. The winner will be announced shortly after.

I will send another email when the nominations are closed detailing
the voting procedure.

Lucy