Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [Fwd: UKUUG - LINUX 08 - discount for local groups

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [Fwd: UKUUG - LINUX 08 - discount for local groups]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:30:36 +0000

On 11/11/2008, Simon Ward <address@hidden> wrote:

>  On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 03:31:16AM +0000, Simon Ward wrote:
>  > On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 07:26:06AM +0000, Lucy wrote:
>  > > and I'm not sure it's something our members are interested in
>  >
>  > Too many assumptions.  It _is_ something that some of our members are
>
> > interested in …
>
>  Someone pointed out to me off‐list that I had quoted too little to give
>  the context.  Here's the same with more context:

[snip]
>  > (anybody, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).
>

> I did, but perhaps my response was a little too "snappy".  I didn't mean
>  it to be and I apologise if it came across that way.

That's alright. I'm glad you added the extra context though.

When I wrote the original email I expected some replies. I want to
find out the overall mood of the group and I'd like to find ways of
involving and engaging with as many of our members as possible. I find
it interesting that we've only had one reply so far though. Does
anyone else out there have an opinion?