Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [Fwd: UKUUG - LINUX 08 - discount for local groups

From: Simon Ward
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [Fwd: UKUUG - LINUX 08 - discount for local groups]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:24:25 +0000

On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 03:31:16AM +0000, Simon Ward wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 07:26:06AM +0000, Lucy wrote:
> > and I'm not sure it's something our members are interested in
>
> Too many assumptions.  It _is_ something that some of our members are
> interested in …

Someone pointed out to me off‐list that I had quoted too little to give
the context.  Here’s the same with more context:

> On 29/10/2008, Matt Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Raise them beforehand, and actually make a point at the event.
> > Protest, even.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 07:26:06AM +0000, Lucy wrote:
> I'm not sure I see the point on dwelling on the negative all the time
> and I'm not sure it's something our members are interested in

Too many assumptions.  It _is_ something that some of our members are
interested in, after all some were involved with the DRM protests
outside the BBC building.  It isn’t necessarily something all of our
members are interested in.

Please don’t make the mistake of deciding what people are interested in
without [involving] people.

Additionally, Lucy wrote:

> (anybody, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

I did, but perhaps my response was a little too “snappy”.  I didn’t mean
it to be and I apologise if it came across that way.

simple system that works.—John Gall