[Fsuk-manchester] Reminder: Manchester Free Software Talk: OpenMoko and

From: Lucy
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Reminder: Manchester Free Software Talk: OpenMoko and Others
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 07:14:21 +0100

**This Tuesday, don't forget!**

 Next Meeting
  ------------
  Our next meeting will be on Tuesday 28th October, 2008.

 This month some of our members: Michael, Tim and Enrico, who are also
 OpenMoko [1] users and advocates, will be giving a talk and
 demonstration of the new Neo FreeRunner. The phone was released on 25
 June 2008 and uses only free software. Their talk will cover the phone
 itself, the OS and the various toolkits and applications available for
 it. Hopefully, they will also say whether it can actually make phone
 calls [2]!

 There should still be time for some lightning talks afterwards. I
 think Simon will be giving a short presentation about the results of
 the OSM Manchester Mapping Party [3]. If anyone else wants to give a
 short talk as well they are more than welcome.

 [1] http://openmoko.org
 [2] The answer is yes, or so I'm told. Maybe we'll get a demonstration..
 [3] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Manchester/Mapping_Party

  Location
  --------
  The meeting will take place at 19:00 in the Manchester Digital
  Development Agency on Portland Street. Access is via the doorbells at
  the entrance. Wheelchair access via the lift is available to the left
  of the main entrance.

  MDDA provide complimentary Fair Trade tea and coffee.

  Manchester Digital Development Agency (MDDA)
  Lower Ground Floor
  117-119 Portland Street
  Manchester
  M1 6ED

  Directions are available on the MDDA web site[4]:

  [4]: http://manchesterdda.com/directions/

  General information about Manchester Free Software meetings can be
  found on our web site[5]:

  [5]: http://manchester.fsuk.org/blog/meetings/

  Coming?
  -------
  If you're coming, feel free to add yourself to the FSF Groups wiki
  page[6].  If you would like five minutes to tell us about something,
  please add yourself to the wiki or contact us at
  <address@hidden>.

  [6]: http://groups.fsf.org/index.php/Manchester/2008-10-28