Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Re: Chairperson

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Re: Chairperson
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:29:19 +0100

Lucy <address@hidden> wrote:
> So that everyone is aware, we were having a discussion on the admin
> team mailing list about organising the upcoming election for
> chairperson. The conversation moved on to the length of time in
> between elections - it was decided in a meeting ages ago (it's in the
> minutes somewhere) that the first term for chairperson should be 6
> months in duration (which is just coming to an end now) and 12 months
> thereafter. What do people think?

I think it would be best to let people stand for election for a term
of their choosing within certain limits (so letting the electorate and
the candidates influence it) but otherwise, either 6 or 12 seems
reasonable.

> In that case, so that everyone can have a say, how about a poll?
> http://doodle.ch/npt6s8s2ckwvqbwk

I can't access that site at present (network access restriction).
When is the poll closing?

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef)