Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Co-working, access / community space, and turnkey

From: Paul Robinson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Co-working, access / community space, and turnkey LTSP.
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:59:56 +0100

On 22 Aug 2008, at 21:01, Richard Smedley wrote:

Last Tuesday's rather interesting meeting (Thanks, Mick)
ended with some discussion on combining access space
with co-working space - giving a role in the access space
admin for one of the co-working space users, possibly in
exchange for rent-free use?

You should be aware of this group (yes, it's come out of the the idea I kicked off ages back, but now there are lots of people involved in setting it up):

http://www.flythecoop.co.uk/

Nothing much up there now, but the I&PS paperwork is going through so we become a fully-fledged co-operative and it looks like the first space we take on will be at the science park.

In future we're looking at holding the tenancy on multiple places in multiple formats: basically if there are sufficient tenants willing to co-work/collaborate to cover the costs of a space, the co-op will consider holding the tenancy agreement to mitigate various issues that come with co-working.

Within three years the rough goal is to have at least one space in the science park, one space in the northern quarter with a more "bohemian feel" and a.n.other - if you guys are interested in getting involved, please drop a mail over. address@hidden goes to Ben Gibbs atm, I think.

--
Paul Robinson

http://vagueware.com :: address@hidden :: +44 (0) 7740 465746

Vagueware Limited is registered in England/Wales, number 05700421
Registered Office: 3 Tivoli Place, Ilkley, W. Yorkshire, LS29 8SU
Correspondence:   55 Velvet Court, Granby Row, Manchester, M1 7AB