[Fsuk-manchester] Raising Our Profile

From: Dave Page
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Raising Our Profile
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:03:43 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to work out ways in which we can promote the Manchester Free
Software group more widely, particularly to nontechnical audiences. If you
look at our list of regular publicity avenues at
http://groups.fsf.org/index.php/Manchester/Meetings/Publicity you will see
that they're mostly geek-oriented.

There should be plenty of groups and individuals in Manchester who'd be
interested in our talks, and in free software in general, but currently we're
not reaching them. I'd welcome suggestions for ways to reach out with our
message beyond the technical arena. Currently the only real way we're doing
that is Indymedia, which is a left-slanted new publishing site where many
people interested in ideas of freedom will read it.

Dave
--
Dave Page <address@hidden>
Jabber: address@hidden