Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Linux Expo Event - London 23-25th Oct 2008

From: John Southern
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Linux Expo Event - London 23-25th Oct 2008
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:56:46 +0100

On Thursday 31 July 2008 15:01:59 Iain Roberts wrote:

> Another alternative, if we want the FS-UK Manchester name to be there,
> would be to contact one of the other .org stands like FSF and offer to have
> someone manning the stand for a few hours in return for them having an FSUK
> Manchester poster up on their stand.

GLLUG has already booked a stand in the .org village.

The chap to contact would be Chris Bell address@hidden
Chris is always helpful and ensures that a machine is present.

This is normally next to Lonix. Contact Tushar  address@hidden

Failing that,is there anything to stop anyone walking around handing out
flyers?

Lonix normally arrage a pub event which is worth the stay over for those that
can make it. (Everyone gets the chance to complain about things then find out
what is good and new).

Rather than a poster why not some business cards with details on. Hardly any
space needed on any stall and easy to pocket and keep. Also has the advantage
of being cheap.

Alternatively, just use Lucy's flyer.

John