Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Linux Expo Event - London 23-25th Oct 2008

From: Iain Roberts
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Linux Expo Event - London 23-25th Oct 2008
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:05:12 +0100 (BST)

Good to see that the London Linux Expo's back on this year, after it got
shelved in '07.

I helped out on a stand in '05 and '06 and with that in mind, my thought is
that we should have a good reason to be there.

The stand might be free, but there's all the other costs, especially if we want
a stand that looks as good as the others.  Given that we don't have posters,
leaflets etc. right now, I'd expect a cost of a few hundred pounds to get a
good stand and 3 people to man it.

So if we're clear that there's something we want to achieve that having a stand
at the Expo will help with, go for it.

(And for anyone who is going down - remember you can by train tickets from
Virgin for £9 single or less from
http://www.mobitix.thetrainline.com/vt/advancePurchase.aspx ).

Iain.