[Fsuk-manchester] Free Space Manchester - 11am, Saturday 12th, @ Zion Ar

From: Finn Lewis
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Free Space Manchester - 11am, Saturday 12th, @ Zion Arts Centre
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:41:53 +0100

Forwarded message from Mick Fuzz. (Better late than never!)

-------//////   frEe sPacE manChesTer sTartZ \\\\\\\---------

>> Hello Free Software Hackers
A new space devoted to the use of Free Software and the promotion of openness is starting in Manchester. With the working title of "Free Space Manchester" the project is being started to provide free Internet access at the Zion Centre, Hulme.

>> How it will work
How the space is going to work, ie who will staff it, isn't set in stone. In essence the project is a joint project of the Zion Centre, Futuresonic and some local Free Software enthusiasts. We felt there this was such a good project that we want to get it started, do some events and take the day to day running of it from there.

>> rE.pAir, Re.cYcLe, rE.syNc -
If you are a Free Software enthusiast and can see the value of a Free Software suite in a location like the Zion centre then perhaps you could come along and help us create a suite of computer running Free Software.
We should be pretty sorted, there's no particular skills we desperately need, but it would be good to meet up and share ideas.
Maybe you have been involved in the Basement social centre group and want to do something similar?
Maybe you are keen to share your knowledge on Free Software or find out more?
If so come along!

Meeting Time - 11am, Saturday 12th July, The Meeting Room, Zion Centre, Stretford Rd, Manchester
please email to confirm that it's happening - address@hidden
Emergency contact Mick 07913882193

-------//////   frEe sPacE manChesTer eNdZ \\\\\\\---------
--