Re: [Fsuk-manchester] A Friday Debate

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] A Friday Debate
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:14:38 +0400

2008/7/11 Lucy <address@hidden>:
> I've happened to come across an interesting article about advocating
> free software to people who wouldn't normally be interested. See:
> http://digifreedom.net/?q=node/103
>
> While I don't agree with everything in the piece, I do think that a
> lot of it could be applicable to what we're trying to achieve. In
> particular I think the suggestion of advocating free formats is
> important and I like the way the author has linked free software
> advocacy to particular areas like local government and youth
> organisations.
>
> What do other people think?

Looks interesting.

I haven't had time to read it in depth so I may have missed something
which I glaringly disagree with.

Gentle advocacy is always the best approach.

That doesn't however mean that things like the four freedom are
irrelevant or similar - the target for such a thing is just a
different sort of person.

Tim

--
www.tdobson.net