Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Mission statement - request for comments

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Mission statement - request for comments
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:50:49 +0100

2008/6/27 Lucy <address@hidden>:
> That said, I think it's probably a good compromise and will stay
> relevant even after particular technologies have moved on.

That's what I thought - it's relevant and "works" what ever the free
software technology and what ever the issues threatening it are.
It should be able to last a good length of time in that form, in my
opinion, before it might need to be ammended.

> Also, I think the points made about copyleft are important and it
> would be great if someone would volunteer to write up a paragraph or
> two for the website.

Ben Webb has some good stuff on his adfa.co.nr site. Whilst I'm not
sure whether he covers copyleft he seems to have a remarkable ability
to write in an easy to understand manner about issues surrounding free
software.

Perhaps he would like to write something..

Tim

--
www.tdobson.net
----