Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Mission statement - request for comments

From: Simon Ward
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Mission statement - request for comments
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:06:17 +0100

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 09:58:34PM +0100, I wrote:
> If we’re really trimming it down, we should also remove the example
> topic of Digital Restrictions Management:
>
>     Manchester Free Software serves a growing need for a group in
>     the Manchester area that focuses on free software.  The group
>     also covers topics which impact on the freedoms of computer
>     users.
>
> It’s concise, and doesn’t say more than we need to, but where does that
> leave people who won’t have the slightest clue that it affects them?

Actually, I think that’s better.  The mission statement shouldn’t say
more than necessary, and the topics of GNU/Linux and Digital
Restrictions Management can be included in a more verbose prose about
the group, like, uhm, the About page[1] :)

[1]: http://manchester.fsuk.org/blog/about/

simple system that works.—John Gall