Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Mission statement - request for comments

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Mission statement - request for comments
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:43:29 +0100

Simon Ward wrote:
On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 09:20:06PM +0100, Michael Dorrington wrote:
But does that mean we should mention it in the Mission statement? Many of those GNU/Linux systems are run by users that don't care about free software and happily install non-free software on their systems.

There are also likely many people who don’t know that much about the
free aspects of their system, may see it and want to learn more.

I would hope that to be the case. I don't know how that affects having GNU/Linux our Mission statement though. They could learn about free software by using Firefox, which I suspect has many more users than GNU/Linux. And is the most likely way of getting people into free software.

M.