Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Constructivne Comment request

From: Matt Lee
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Constructivne Comment request
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:07:07 -0400

I don't get what people find so hard about GNU/Linux.

Sure, it's different, but it really is not hard, or unusual anymore.

Case in point... my mum. She's never used Windows, and she finds GNOME, Firefox, Thunderbird, Rhythmbox to be normal, and easy to use.

She bought herself an iPod Shuffle, and was a little confused by the fact that the instructions for setting it up didn't make any sense, but once she connected it to her computer and Rhythmbox fired up, she felt more confident again.