Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Scouting for Free Software? (was: Young people & f

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Scouting for Free Software? (was: Young people & free software)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:08:33 +0100

On 18/06/2008, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:

>  I've just seen discussion of the Boy Scouts of America Open Source
>  Initiative (BSAOSI) http://opensource.scouting.org/

I think it's probably easier if the new group target organisations
that they already have some contact with (such as their local schools
and colleges), at least at first.

>  It looks like this idea didn't reach the recent meeting
>  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/fsuk-manchester/2008-06/msg00058.html
>  - was it discussed there or is it dead?

It wasn't discussed at the meeting because it's not a part of
Manchester Free Software. It's a separate group set up by some local
young people and affiliated with Manchester Free Software. Tim is the
best person to ask about how it's going, although it is exam season at
the moment (IIRC anyway).