Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Voting for chairperson: results announced

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Voting for chairperson: results announced
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 01:50:21 +0100

From: Paul Robinson <address@hidden>

Indeed, and can I say to Tim: well done for being so gracious in defeat.

This is true. it is very easy to become bitter in defeat, take issues on a personal level and disagree just to make a point of making things difficult for the person who suggested it.

Obviously, this is not working in the best interests of the group.

It was you yourself Paul, who light heartedly suggested that the problem with Manchester Free Software Group and it's democratically elected chariperson was that we would "tear each other apart" (compared to BSD UG)!

I hope we can, light heartedly, prove you wrong. :)

I will work in what I believe to be the best interests of the group, and help Simon see the other parts of the picture when he doesn't share the same opinions as me.

I hope together, we can all work in the best interests of the group.

I think right now Simon is going to suit the role well,

All I'll do is smile and raise my eye brows.
You Decide. (meme alert)

but I hope
we'll all see you being just as enthusiastic (at BSD meets as much as
at FSUK meets) in the future as you have been in recent months.

It's highly unlikely we'll see any lack of enthusiasm round here. I've not mentioned it before, but whilst there are differing opinions, there's lots of enthusiasm and people who *want to do stuff!* :)

Congrats to Simon - the hard work now begins. :-)

Indeed, we've had the talking, let's see what Simon's Chairpersonship means to Manchester Free Software. :)

Tim

--
www.tdobson.net
----