Re: [Fsuk-manchester] MS Windows on the OLPC

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] MS Windows on the OLPC
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 11:09:33 +0100

On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 07:48 +0100, Lucy wrote:
> On 17/05/2008, Finn Lewis <address@hidden> wrote:
> >  I'm seriously interested in setting up an action group on pushing free and
> > open source software in education in Manchester (or joining one!!).

Things are a little quiet atm, but there's been plenty going on
up here for a number of years - it'd be great if Mcr Free
Software wants to be involved :)

> You really need to come to our next talk on Tuesday!

Yet another Tuesday talk I can't get to :-(
What's wrong with having meetings on a Weds or Fri?

Anyway, my colleague Richard Rothwell is far better qualified than
I am to talk about education :-)   I hope you enjoy his talk.

> I think there are a few people on list who are interested/involved in
> just this sort of thing. I don't know too much about it myself
> (although I'm also quite interested)., but I think schoolforge.net
> might be a good starting point.

Or, for a British group, Schoolforge-UK [1]

 - Richard

[1] http://schoolforge.org.uk/index.php/Main_Page

--
Richard Smedley,                                          address@hidden
Technical Director,                                      www.M6-IT.org

Sustainable Third Sector IT solutions. PRINCE2 [TM] Project Management
Training * Certification * Support * Networking * Web * Database * CRM

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales,                Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT

Northern Office:          Hollins Green, Bradwall, Cheshire, CW10 0LA.

Welsh office/ Swyddfa Gogledd Cymru: e-mail / e-bost - address@hidden

Southern Office: Oxford                      contact address@hidden