Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Discussion on list (was: the non-free neighbour as

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Discussion on list (was: the non-free neighbour asking for help dilemma)
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 14:28:43 +0100

On 16/05/2008, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
> -1 I think fsuk-manchester should be kept to discussing activities
>  supporting free software in Manchester and the general discussion
>  which has sprung up here should be redirected to a more general list
>  like manlug or fsfe-uk or address@hidden or GNU's misc
>  discussion list.

I believe the Manchester list was set up to provide a place for people
in Manchester to discuss free software, as well as discussing free
software activities in Manchester. I think we have a nice community
growing up and I wouldn't want to see that spread out to fsfe-uk or
somewhere instead.

I don't think we need two lists at the moment, as it's normally quite
quiet, but I'm happy for others who may not want to receive so many
emails to disagree.