Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Re: [YLUG] Photo of the Manchester Stallman talk

From: Paul Waring
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Re: [YLUG] Photo of the Manchester Stallman talk
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 21:58:52 +0100

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 07:36:48PM +0100, mike cloaked wrote:
> Did he give some important news, some cool new developments in Linux,
> a new kernel improvement that is about the break onto the linux world?

I really wish someone in the audience had asked him that, just to see
the look on his face. :)

There was no news in the talk, it was a speech about free software and
ethics rather than "here are some new exciting things coming from the
GNU project", with some subtle swipes at Linux and the One True Editor
(vim, naturally) thrown in.

Paul

--
Paul Waring