Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Re: dates for upcoming meetings

From: Simon Ward
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Re: dates for upcoming meetings
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 12:44:22 +0100

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 12:57:15AM +0100, Tim Dobson wrote:
> I think we should aim to meet on the third tuesday of each month, to
> keep continuity and booking in advance gives us some slack (in that the
> room won't get double-booked) and some pressure (in that we have to find
> speakers)

We should aim to meet regularly.  We say we have regular meetings on the
site and in materials we have handed out.  Not to do so would be
deceiving.

We should be arranging things in advance.  If we end up not being able
to get a room it means we have left things until the last minute.
Please don’t let us get into that situation.  We give ourselves slack by
arranging in advance.  Give me three or four months of activity, and
I’ll book six on the proviso that there is plenty of time to get
something organised.  I believe we are nearly there anyway, which mostly
removes the point of debate.

simple system that works.—John Gall