Re: [Fsuk-manchester] the non-free neighbour asking for help dilemma

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] the non-free neighbour asking for help dilemma
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 11:43:35 +0100

On 06/05/2008, Dave Crossland <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2008/5/6 Lucy <address@hidden>:
>  > Once he discovers the technical advantages
>  > then he might be more open to learning about the moral advantages.
>

> It seems clear to me from the 25 year history of the free software
>  movement that these are discrete issues.

I think you misunderstand, I'm not talking about the history of free
software, I'm talking about the best way to get someone using and
understanding the advantages of free software when they aren't open to
the usual arguments. Sometimes the only way to get someone interested
in the moral issues of software is to show them the technical
advantages, so that they start using and liking free software first.