Re: [Fsuk-manchester] rms talk tomorrow

From: Paul Waring
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] rms talk tomorrow
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:11:42 +0100

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 08:38:02PM +0100, Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> I plan on attending tomorrow's talk by Richard Stallman in Manchester.
>  Would it be okay for me to record the talk on video?  The recording
> would then be posted on my website (http://fuseyism.com) in Ogg Theora
> format, as I've done previously with talks at FOSDEM.  I know a number
> of people who are interested in hearing the talk, but are unable to
> make it over to Manchester tomorrow evening.

As far as I'm aware, no one else is doing this, and Richard has said (in
his infopack) that he encourages people to record his talks, provided
that it is done so in a free format. Also, even if someone else is
planning to record the talk, it would be good to have multiple sources
just in case anything goes wrong with one of them.

Thanks for the kind offer, and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Paul

--
Paul Waring
http://www.pwaring.com