Re: [Fsuk-manchester] I'd encourage more people to stand as chairperson

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] I'd encourage more people to stand as chairperson
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 08:32:19 +0100

On 23/04/2008, Matt Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think Simon would be great for the job, and in my mind the only
>  candidate currently standing. In order for this to be more of an
>  interesting situation, I'd like to see more people stand.

I'd actually consider this a very unhelpful statement to make and is
quite insulting towards Tim. The request for nominations has now
closed, so I would suggest that we concentrate on making the elections
free, fair and *friendly*. Any personal opinions people have about the
ability of the candidates should probably be kept to themselves.

>  I've already suggested Lucy stand. I'd also consider Andy Halsall as a
>  good candidate, though I am aware he lives in Sheffield which is a
>  problem.

I'd actually not considered it until you mentioned it the day before
close of nominations. Personally I am happy with the candidates who
are running.

However, at the next meeting I would like to propose the creation of
two new positions: a spokesperson and a secretary (responsible for
minute-taking etc). I'm happy to hear feedback on this idea, but I
would urge everyone not to talk about potential nominations until
after the elections for chairperson have closed.