Venue - MDDA - WAS: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Minutes of Manchester Free Sof

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Venue - MDDA - WAS: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Minutes of Manchester Free Software meeting (15/04/2008)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:45:03 +0100

Paul Waring wrote:
Venues:
MDDA may not be available as of June, though this is not yet confirmed.
It would be useful if we could find an alternative venue to use should
MDDA no longer be available.

ACTION: Paul to ask Dave about other venues which we might want to
consider.

Simon and I had a conversation with Gerry Scappaticci from MDDA after John Leech's talk.

Gerry was able to confirm the position of the MDDA in relation being able to provide space and resources to us in the future.

Gerry confirmed that we would be able to use the MDDA as a venue for an indefinite amount of time after May.

While we were not given a great deal of explanation, it would seem that the MDDA has switched from one funding source supporting groups like ours to a different one.

The other thing Gerry mentioned was dates for future meetings.

The MDDA would really like to have the dates of future Manchester Free Software meetings well in advance. I suggested this was not likely to cause problems however could we agree that Manchester Free Software meetings should take place on the 3rd Tuesday of every month (the next one already having been arranged for May 20th).

It would be helpful to get back to the MDDA pretty soon and arrange the dates for upcoming meetings so they don't get double booked and we don't get left without a room.

Cheers

Tim

--

Tim Dobson :: Moving Things Forward