Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Nominations for chairperson

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Nominations for chairperson
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:16:51 +0100

Paul Waring wrote:
I've received the following two nominations for the role of chairperson
of Manchester Free Software as of this morning:

* Simon Ward (address@hidden)
* Tim Dobson (address@hidden)

I would like to welcome Simon and invite him to a fair and honest election. While Simon is my opposition at this present moment, what ever the outcome of this election he is still my friend and colleague. :)

I would also like to thank Paul for stepping in to fill this role of great responsibility. Paul, I know, is a person who takes integrity seriously, and I think we all taking up this role

Anyone on the mailing list is eligible to vote (once!) for whichever
candidate they prefer, or for 're-open nominations'.

I suggest that it may be an idea to postpone ones vote until Saturday 17th of May, the day before voting closes.

3 weeks is a long time and perceptions may change, making snap decisions now later cause you to regret the move.

I'm not sure how Paul will react to anyone who wishes to change their votes before voting is over, but I can't imagine he will be over-enchanted.

Read this carefully:
In order to vote, you need to email me (address@hidden) by Sunday 18th May, stating which candidate you prefer.

ahem Noah! ;)

I wish Simon good luck, and look forward to some reasoned debates and thoughtful voting. :)

--
www.tdobson.net
----