[Fsuk-manchester] Nominations for chairperson

From: Paul Waring
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Nominations for chairperson
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:01:37 +0100

I've received the following two nominations for the role of chairperson
of Manchester Free Software as of this morning:

* Simon Ward (address@hidden)
* Tim Dobson (address@hidden)

Anyone on the mailing list is eligible to vote (once!) for whichever
candidate they prefer, or for 're-open nominations'. In order to vote,
you need to email me (address@hidden) by Sunday 18th May, stating which
candidate you prefer. The candidate with the most votes will then be
announced to the mailing list and will take up the position of chair
from the next Manchester Free Software meeting on 20th May. I will
delete all votes one month after that meeting so there will be no record
of who voted which way.

In the event of re-open nominations receiving more votes than either
candidates, I will start the nominations process again. I will not be
voting, except in the event of a tie.

Biographies of the candidates which have been sent to me are as follows
(listed in the order sent):

Simon Ward:
" * I’m committed to keeping Manchester Free Software going.
  * I can spare the time to deal with things, and I have few other
    commitments to get in the way.
  * I have turned up to every meeting so far, and intend to continue
    doing so.
  * I live and work in Manchester."

Tim Dobson:
"As chairman, I will consistently be aware of the variety of opinions in
the group and do my best to consider all points of view before making
decisions.

I wish for the decisions I make to be fully and openly justifiable and
my actions accountable to the group at all times.

Therefore, in the circumstances of a controversial issue,  I would
prefer discussing and voting on the issue as opposed to making an
autocratic decision.

I feel very strongly for the development group and hope we can move into
2009 together, all having gained insight into the minds of some
exceptional speakers and from helping other people understand and
appreciate the values of Free Software."

--
Paul Waring
http://www.pwaring.com