Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Manchester Free Software Chairperson

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Manchester Free Software Chairperson
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:01:27 +0100

Simon Ward wrote:
I have assumed the role of chairperson for Manchester Free Software.  At
our last meeting[1] we decided that there were not enough of us to
adequately represent the group in choosing someone permanently for the
position, and to put the decision to the mailing list[2].

The chairperson will:

  * Make sure decisions are reached in a timely manner.

  * If general consensus on a topic is not achieved in a reasonable
    amount of time, call a vote on the topic[3]

  * Make sure decisions are followed up and acted on as necessary, and
    any policies set out are adhered to.

  * Ensure tasks get completed in a timely manner.  Liaise with those
    carrying out tasks.

  * Arrange and chair meetings, including preparing and publishing the
    agenda.

The chairperson, along with the person assigned to media and public
relations, should also be prepared to represent and speak for the group.

The chairperson must be readily available, and delegate to another if
unable to carry out their responsibilities.

The role is open to all members of the list.  If you wish to stand for
chairperson, please send your details, if you like including a short
blurb about yourself, to Paul Waring <address@hidden> before Wednesday
23rd April.

Paul will then announce the nominees, and three weeks will be allowed for
discussion/voting.

The chairperson will be announced at the next meeting, to be held on
Tuesday 20th May 2008.

[1]: http://groups.fsf.org/index.php/Manchester/2008-04-15/Minutes
[2]: http://groups.fsf.org/index.php/Manchester/2008-04-15/Minutes#Chairperson
[3]:
http://groups.fsf.org/index.php/Manchester/2008-04-15/Minutes#Decision_making

Last chance to submit your application for chair person!

--
www.tdobson.net
----