Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Domain Names

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Domain Names
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:51:53 +0100

Simon Ward <address@hidden> wrote:
> The domain used for the current site is registered by Matt Lee, and
> there have been significant delays before changes can be made.  To
> resolve this, we decided it would be better to just register another
> domain, and one that could be used for other free software groups too.

What is the rationale for this?  It wasn't in the meeting notes, which
said only "as this would allow us to offer support to new free
software groups which might start up in the UK" which seems just as
true of fsuk.org too.  Also, this group is going to need some control
of manchester.fsuk.org in order to avoid having a zombie site out
there misleading people.

Matt Lee tells me he's said he'll point the domain anywhere.  When did
someone tell him where to point it?

Worst case, has the group asked for fsuk.org to be transferred to an
active member on behalf of the group?

Confused,
--
MJ Ray (slef)