Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Domain Names

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Domain Names
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:25:44 +0100

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 12:12:09AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> I think that fsug.org.uk ("Free Sofware User Groups") is short,
> pronouncible, and appropriate. It also works for subdomains such as
> sheffield.fsug.org.uk - as such it gets my vote.

I couldn't agree more. I realise I have already voted, but I wanted to take the
time to concur with Dave's reasoning.

  * We should go for an acronym, anything else will be too unwieldy.
  * We should go for something that is roughly pronounceable.
  * We should go for something familiar or easy to remember, FSUG is like LUG.
  * We should go for something without UK in the 3rd level domain, avoid
repetition.

--
Noah Slater - The GNU Project <http://www.gnu.org/>