Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Manchester Free Software - Meeting before talk

From: Simon Ward
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Manchester Free Software - Meeting before talk
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:22:44 +0100

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 01:21:51PM +0100, Dave Love wrote:
> * Probably it's being done anyway, but we should prepare around rms' BCS
>   talk, at least to the extent of getting him to mention the local group

There are initial flyers from BCS, but with no mention of Manchester
Free Software whatsoever.  Paul has been trying to get the details and
existing flyers amended.  We will certainly make sure RMS gives us a
mention.

>   and having minimal flyers with a URL and, preferably the date of next
>   meeting.  If necessary, I could print flyers and post them to someone
>   not subject to travel issues from Liverpool.

If this is no trouble, please do.  I’ll contact you off-list (unlikely
before tomorrow now).  I would also like us to do flyers for our regular
talks.

> * I'd like a talk on OpenSolaris and/or Sun's other things in Sun's free
>   software portfolio.  If you're short of talks at some stage, I might
>   be able to volunteer one on high performance computing stuff at some
>   stage, if no-one's better placed to do that.

Thanks.

> * Can the procedure for gaining entry to MDDA be spelt out on the web
>   site and meeting announcements while meetings are there?

Heh, I normally get in by being with someone else :)

Email: address@hidden | Jabber ID: address@hidden
A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved
from a simple system that works. -- John Gaule