Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Wikipedia to merge Free Software and Open Source

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Wikipedia to merge Free Software and Open Source
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 14:57:26 +0100

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 02:37:41PM +0100, Iain Roberts wrote:
> Sounds a bit agressive.  Wikitrolls?  OSI apologists?  An observer might think
> we were more intent on having an internal Free vs OSS bust-up than on
> advancing the cause of Free (and Open Source) Software.  I hope that'd be
> wrong.

It's not aggressive, it's factual.

Note that my email didn't contain any anti OSI/OS sentiment but was aimed
squarely at certain extremely biased Wikipedia users who continue to
aggressively edit articles to remove or deemphasise the GNU/FSF and other Free
Software related causes/people/software. See Talk:Linux for more evidence.

I care about maintaining the role/importance of the Free Software movement on
Wikipedia and if you do too it would be great if you could add your opinion to
the clearly absurd suggestion to merge those two articles.

--
Noah Slater <http://bytesexual.org/>