Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Time for Actions

From: Andy Halsall
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Time for Actions
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 18:50:03 +0000

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 17:22:58 Tim Dobson wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Three has been a lot of really encouraging talk about the future
> direction of FSUK-Manchester in recent days, and now I feel that it is
> time to get down what needs doing and do it.
>
> At the moment there is a fair amount of confusion about who is meant to
> be doing what and what needs doing in general.
>
> To help put down what needs doing all in one place, rather than using
> various mailing list threads, email and different irc channels I have
> started a page on the wiki.
>
> The page in question is located here
> http://groups.fsf.org/index.php/Manchester/Actions
>
> You will need an FSF wiki account to edit it, which I encourage anyone
> with a bit of time to do.
>

> Tim

1) The actions are already spelled out in the minutes. I will re-list them
here, there are no issues as far as I am concerned about listing them on a
wiki and adding to them, but if you do could you include all the actions that
have been determined so far (sorry, I do have an account on the wiki and
would add them myself but I am receiving an unfathomable error when I log
in...):

  * _ACTION:_ RobK to ask about lecture room availability at MMU.
  * _ACTION:_ SimonW to ask Matt about things currently organised.
  *  AndyH — Speakers
  *  TimD — Web site, announcements
  *  DaveP — Venues, media relations

2) As per the Actions listed above and the discussion previously regarding
group affiliations I would suggest that the list of actions and any
information about how complete or not they are be moved onto
mancester.fsuk.org ASAP - there is also rather a lot of other stuff that
could do with moving too (everything pertinend to the fsuk from fbsa.eu for
starters and with any luck the mailing list and archive too at some point).
Presumably TD has responsibility for this as is outlined in the Actions above
with assistance from SW and ML - I am assuming that at present there is still
no access to those pages, but it would be nice to be able to move forward
when there is.

3) I have been in touch with John Leach for the talk on the 15th - As has SW -
although I don't think he has a reply yet.... He has pretty much confirmed
his attendance and I will contact him again before the 15th.

4) The info that we are collecting and using to carry out these actions needs
to be pooled - if someone drops out we don't want to be starting again, we
probably need a secure and non-public way of doing that- especially if we are
dealing with peoples/orgs non public contact details, in addition to a public
one (for suggestions etc..).

5) I am still snowed, so excuse any tardiness.

--
Andy Halsall