Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Future Meetings

From: Simon Ward
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Future Meetings
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 00:16:18 +0000

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 11:38:33PM +0000, Tim Dobson wrote:
> Simon Ward wrote:
>> This has already become an FSF vs FSFE thing, and it shouldn’t be.  This
>> is likely why those inter-organisational relations became sticking
>> points.
>
> To avoid problems like this, I really really think it would be best to
> be autonomous of both Organisations and embrace them both equally.

You’re doing it all wrong.  Stop mentioning the two different
organisations as if they’re competing.  To avoid problems like this,
don’t do that.

They may be competing, but it doesn’t matter.  We’re going ahead
whatever the FSF*, FSFE**, or FFSSTFU*** think.

*We are already somewhat affiliated, by association, with the FSF.
**If they want to help, fine, as long as they don’t whine about it.
***Yeah, sorry, I made that up.

simple system that works.
    — John Gaule