Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Future Meetings

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Future Meetings
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 23:38:33 +0000

Simon Ward wrote:
This has already become an FSF vs FSFE thing, and it shouldn’t be.  This
is likely why those inter-organisational relations became sticking
points.

To avoid problems like this, I really really think it would be best to be autonomous of both Organisations and embrace them both equally.

I don't think it is really going to be felt fair by the two obvious groups that one group takes precedence over the other and so I think friendly compromise is the best options, especially because in moral terms, both organisations are equal.

I don't think anyone who is debating from one point of view on fsuk-manchester mailing list is likely to be suddenly brought over to a different side by the comment of someone from the other side. I think it is important for half the people to be materially unhappy with the ideas (or organisation) behind FSUK, and so I suggest that having "two big brothers" might be better conceived and less controversial while having minimal affect on how the group(s) actually function.

--
www.blog.tdobson.net
----