Re: [Fsuk-manchester] killed by silent decent

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] killed by silent decent
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:27:09 +0000

Peter Colton <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...] As we all know Richard will be at the Future
> sonic venue in Manchester May 2. I would have thought that we would be
> making some plans to campaign at this venue.

I'm too far away (but I think I can travel for that day if anyone's
offering expenses) and I support free software, not Richard Stallman
in particular.  However, I thought that fsuk-manchester members didn't
have access to the event, so it would be standing outside for most
people, which I can understand may not be that attractive to some.
Also, it really needs a sound-knowledgeable member to take the lead
and brief others, for campaigning to be really effective.

I wonder whether it would be more effective to start with the online
debates during April first?  I don't remember anyone suggesting doing
anything for them yet.

[...]
> The only way I can interpret this over all lack of interest in Future
> sonic and Richard is that it some kind of boycott.

That limitation seems like a serious problem IMO.

[...]
> As you may of guested I not a happy bunny with this obtuse attitude that
> coming from the majority of the group.

Obtuse?  Please reread your own emails.  Some of the recent ones like
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/fsuk-manchester/2008-03/msg00077.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/fsuk-manchester/2008-03/msg00076.html
don't even seem to contain any original content.  Explain what you
want, rather than get annoyed with the world for not guessing.
See http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html#want

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)