Re: [Fsuk-manchester] killed by silent decent

From: Iain Roberts
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] killed by silent decent
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:35:41 +0000 (GMT)

----- "Peter Colton" <address@hidden> wrote:

> The only way I can interpret this over all lack of interest in Future
> sonic and Richard is that it some kind of boycott.
>
> Or is there some plan that being work on off list ?

Hi Peter,

I think a far more likely reason is that people are too busy or just don't
think the activity is worth their time.  I appreciate your frustration: anyone
who's been involved in a voluntary organisation will have had similar feelings
from time to time.

But with work, exams and looming local elections taking different people's
time, I'm afraid many people may feel that videoing RMS and/or leafletting
FutureSonic aren't the best uses of their time right now.

Don't be disheartened, though.  Making a video isn't a policy decision.  It
isn't something that you need the group to democratically agree on.  If you
want to do it, do it.  If you need more people to help, try and get them.  The
same with leafleting: as long as the message is agreed, you don't need a
democratic vote to hand out some leaflets.

Best wishes,

Iain.

--
Iain Roberts
Axiom Tech

Axiom Tech Ltd is registered in England and Wales at 92 Didsbury Road,
Stockport, SK4 2JL, company no 5684132, VAT no 878 6568 46.  Unless agreed
otherwise, all services and products supplied by Axiom Tech are subject to our
standard terms and conditions, available on request.