Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Filming Talks.

From: Andy Halsall
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Filming Talks.
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:25:17 +0000

On Tuesday 11 March 2008 17:16:38 Paul Waring wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 05:03:53PM +0000, Andy Halsall wrote:
> > It would seem that there was some uptake of the video of the last a
> > talk, do we want the next one, and future ones taped too?
>
> I think it's a good idea, provided that:
>
> 1. The speaker is happy to have the talk filmed.

Agreed, I certainly wont film anyone without consent, nor release a video
without a signed consent (seriously, I cant afford any hassle), so this is a
given.

> 2. The camera stays on the speaker all the time (flipping to the
> audience means everyone needs to be happy about being filmed, and some
> people might not be comfortable with this).

Again, agreed, and given the type of kit I'm using, panning and zooming is
problematic too (in terms of the end result).  This is where a second camera
(and a second angle) would be useful.

> 3. Someone is prepared to host the videos or seed a torrent.

There seem to be a few people happy to do this.

> Cheers,
>
> Paul

So I will take it that with the speakers consent, this is a yes.

cheers