[Fsuk-manchester] social control by " Digital rights management "

From: Peter Colton
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] social control by " Digital rights management "
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 00:22:04 +0000

        Hello all,

>From what I can see so far in the posting titled "iPlayer, DRM, Free
Software and the iPhone" is that some of the BBC content by iplayer is
now DRM free but all this content is via the iplayer and iplayer can
only work if DRM is in operation the said computer. In my opinion
iplayer is a Government digital torsion horse in the UK. The BBC the
mouth peace of the UK government is swimming feely in this process of
locking the UK on-line user into a propitiatory software lock in. All
these user will surrender what they can install on their own computer to
Microsoft "Digical Rights Management" mechanism. At the moment this
Microsoft software agent "DRM" is in passive mode but say in two years
from now this mode could be active. In the near future I bet we hear
that a Microsoft user saying that they can not install some software
because of DRM but there will not be any concern that they have a spy in
there computer.

The D in "DRM" could move from D for digital to D for "Draconian". Where
the home computer user could be access at any time via the internet by
the UK government in their war on Terror. Yes you could be sat there one
day at home watching the world go by and your mobile phone ring and you
are told to turn your internet computer on so the Digital Police can
view its content because there been a DRM flag up on your internet
activates. DRM could be a tool used by the UK government to control its
populist to a deeper degree.

Software DRM is the lid on the coffin of the propitiatory software user.
These people are being berried alive in this new digital world.
Unfortunately they submit to this death with out any cry at all. When
they do wake up they be that far down this digital grave they be in a
digital propitiatory hell.

Regards: peter

                           *Head stone*

                        UK DRM victims RIP