Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Stuart Langridge's Talk on Free Software

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Stuart Langridge's Talk on Free Software
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 14:04:50 +0000

Dave Page wrote:
I think the central message of "don't bollock the users" is something we
can all try to do less

I think an intewrsting question is when does a user become a power-user or a 133T hAx0r.
Should we not bollock users or should we not bollock anyone?
is a user anyone who uses it?
or is a user someone who *just uses*
if someone just "uses" the gpl version of QT - are they still a user and immune from bollocking about using skype as primary communication medium?

so in the context of stuarts phrase - i really want to know what we are defining as "users"

I think it is important not to be overly unfriendly to anyone (and that include microsoft, george bush, osama bin laden and "open source" activists) but at what level does not activly encouraging people not to use non-free software take president over everything else?

-Tim

--
www.dobo.urandom.co.uk
----