Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Video of the FSUK talk from the 19th February

From: Dave Page
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Video of the FSUK talk from the 19th February
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:45:27 +0000

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 06:33:14PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:

> Finally, it's a shame that none of the videos are under free software
> licences.  Very very sorry for mentioning that ;-)

I'm not sure what you mean by a "free software license". Certainly the
Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike license used gives you the
following freedoms:

0) The freedom to play the video for any purpose
1) The freedom to adapt the video to your needs
2) The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbour
3) The freedom to improve the video and release your improvements to the
public, so that the whole community benefits.

Obviously the definition of "source" for a video file is difficult, but
I'd certainly like to see a transcript and Vorbis subtitles added to the
videos as part of (1) and (3), if anybody has any spare time...

Dave
--
Dave Page <address@hidden>
Jabber: address@hidden