Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Video of the FSUK talk from the 19th February

From: Dave Page
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Video of the FSUK talk from the 19th February
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:43:31 +0000

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 06:33:14PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:

> Now, I think that's how easy it needs to be to get a video off a
> torrent: "feed this to your torrent tool; and here are some links to
> torrent tools" (I'm using something called btdownload_curses.py). If
> you give me a file listing with the torrent, please tell me what to do
> with it, else I just get confused and fall back.

I think that does come down to the user-friendliness of the client. My
experience is that I clicked on the torrent file, Konqueror offered to
open it in Ktorrent, Ktorrent asked me which of the files I wanted to
download, and where on my hard drive I wanted to download them to, and
that was it.

I don't remember whether btdownload_curses.py supports selecting
specific files within torrents, because for command-line use I use
rtorrent which has a friendlier UI and doesn't leak memory over time.
rtorrent can certainly support downloading particular files within a
torrent, and I'm pretty sure that all the GUI tools do too.

Dave
--
Dave Page <address@hidden>
Jabber: address@hidden